Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam
Clara attended her first Primary class this past Sunday, and I'll admit that I teared up a little as I left her for Sharing Time. When did she get so big?
A little background: in our church children attend a Nursery class for two hours on Sunday once they turn 18 months old. They stay in that class until January 1 the year after they turn three and then they move into Primary. The class for the three-year-olds (as of January 1) is called Sunbeams.
We've been prepping her for the switch from Nursery for several weeks now; she loved Nursery so much that I was afraid she wouldn't take well to leaving the toys, snacks, and play-doh behind. She was a little nervous when we actually went into the Primary room and wanted me to stay with her, but after we met her teachers and she saw that one of her friends is in her class (we have around 11 or 12 Sunbeams this year, so they divided the class in two), she calmed down and waved as I left the room.
When we picked her up at the end of church we asked her teachers how she did. I've been concerned about her age compared to the other kids; after all, she did just turn three two weeks ago and is the youngest Sunbeam in the ward. Well, apparently of the five kids in her class, she was the only one who talked and answered questions. And I'm sure she sang along in her wonderfully tuneless way to all the Primary songs.
I love this kid.
Labels: Clara

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
I went through the same thing this past week as well. Wow I can't believe Clara is a Sunbeam. I mean Morgan seems old enough, but Clara can't really be three. WOW. She is darling. I am glad she did well.
Say hi to her from her cousins.
Clara participating in class; way to repreSENT! Christensen pride!
Totally can't believe she's a Sunbeam. Since I can't believe ours are either... ;) Those girls are dang cute!!
Yeah for Clara! Congrats on the smooth transition.
Post a Comment
<< Home