A Tale of Two Curses
This is the story of Oliver's Family Curse and Kristin's Family Curse. What might those be, you ask? Let me explain...no, there is too much. Let me sum up. (Points to anyone who can tell me where that comes from.)
Part One - Oliver's Family Curse
Oliver is one of five children - four boys and one girl. As of today, he and his siblings have the following children:
Matt - boy, boy, boy, girl
Jared - girl, boy, boy, boy
Oliver - girl
Sara - girl, boy, boy (soon)
Eric - girl, boy, boy
See the trend? Apparently there is only one girl allowed per family, period.
Part Two - Kristin's Family Curse
My dad is one of four children - one boy and three girls. He and my mother had two girls. He and his second wife had one girl. He now has three step-daughters through his third marriage. His first grandchild is a girl.
No boys allowed.
One of these curses will be broken in late March/early April. Anyone want to wager a guess as to which one it will be?
We'll let you know in about a month.
Labels: Baby #2

36 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Princess Bride, baby! What do I win? :)
And congrats on the coming baby! Can't wait to find out which it is! (I'm betting Oliver's family curse will be broken. Two girls in a row are the best!)
Awesome! I can't wait to find out! How are you feeling?
wait..your pregnant?... ok. now that it's a post i figure it's really happening. nice :)
CONGRATS!!
Oooooh - congrats. I'm betting it's a boy. And if you have a boy... since Kristin's father is a boy... wouldn't you still not have technically broken either curse??? It would be when you have more than one of a gender, right?
Either way, congrats! Hope Kristin is feeling okay. Sorry we missed dinner the other week. Let's do it again and we'll host. :)
Congrats! So pleased you all are expecting again. My bet, a boy.
So I knew the quote was Princess Bride, but I was beaten to the punch! Congrats and all the best. I'm guessing that you'll lose to the Christensen curse!! Boy, won't Clara have fun with someone to boss around......hhmmmm
All our love!!
Braden says, and I quote, "Uhhh, I think Oliver's curse is going to win, I HOPE Oliver's curse wins!" No explanation for that one!!
Congratulations! I knew it was Princess Bride, too...classic. I will vote for...Oliver's curse being broken, betcha have another baby girl in there! I hope you're feeling well, this is so exciting! Clara as a big sis...ah, the tales we will hear...
Neither need be broken, technically, as pointed out earlier, but twins, one of each, would come close to breaking both!
I hope you have another girl so Clara can have a sister. And then you wouldn't have to buy any new stuff.
You already know we are excited for you, but congrats again!
congrats! i brought mini apple pies to the office today. you are missing out, my friend.
Princess Bride! :)
And ... come on baby girl #2!
We want belly pictures!! I couldn't wait for the announcement. YEAHHHHh. We're sooo excited. I'm thinking it's a boy.
Yeeeaaahhh! That is awesome - you probably already know how many are in there but if not I send you my twin vibes! Also, I want points for reading and not thinking just "Princess Bride" but in my mind saying, "Hallo! My name is Inigo Mantoya. Prepare to die!" I hope a boy for you so you can experience the differences of each. I am a girly girl and honestly thought having all girls would be a blast... then I had 1 of each and would never want to change how things are. Love it! Congrats congrats congrats!
Congratulations to you both. Very exciting.
And belly shots of kristin too.
Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys!
Shara
Congratulations!! My money's on the girl.
I love the Princess Bride, the best quotes come from that movie!
Congratulations! :)
curses smurses
plain o'fun
My bets are on a BOY. :)
I say boy but that is because I think boys are the best. But then again that is all I have. Plus I am all into things the boys love. Don't know what I would do with a girl. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival.
Congrats! Can't wait to hear which one (or how many ;) ) is on the way!
Congrats to all of you! That is a great time of year to have a baby - we are fans :)
Good luck with the curses and stuff - sounds like it won't be dull no matter what happens
Thats great news! I vote for a boy, so Oliver still has some say in the house! Congrats Guys!
Princess Bride.
Gimme' something hard.
Congratulations! I am betting it will be a boy, but Matt's "twins" idea seemed reasonable - what do you think, Oliver and Kristin? LOL
Many congrats. Sister Sara knew right off where quote was from. I knew by whom. Hmm. Boy? Girl? Boy? Girl? I think I will go with what I always went with---a healthy baby. Must say I am most anxious to find out what "flavor" it is. Great health and many blessings to you, Kristin. Love to all.
Congrats!
I vote for boy. They are so much fun :)
Nice work you guys. Clara will be a great older sister. And any time you get to break a curse is great.
Shall I make a prediction? I'm going to say girl, but only because I always wished to have a sister, but never got one...
And way to work a movie quote into a baby announcement!
Yay for y'all! I hope it's a boy-just to spice things up a little bit! Good luck!
Yay for you! We're expecting in April, too! Did you get a screening ultrasound at around 12 or 13 weeks? If so, go here http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html for hints on guessing at the gender. We're hoping (probably in vain) for another girl.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dale says that Clara will have a sister.
Yeah!Congrats! I'm due with kiddo #4 at the same time! I hope it's a boy...at least maybe that's what I'm hoping for. Keep us posted!
boy! boy! boy! Boy!
Post a Comment
<< Home