Thursday, April 30, 2009

What Did You Call Her? (Updated)

Looks like we need the combined wisdom of our blog-reading public to elucidate. The issue: What does that name that Clara calls my mom mean? Ever since my mom arrived on Monday, Clara has been calling her something between Moda, Modo, and Mordoh.

Update: Here's video of her saying the word in question.


I've figured out a couple of explanations. Let me know in the comments which you think it is.

#1 - She's actually saying 'Mordor'. Grandma's all-seeing eye is cast over the family. Is Grandma evil? Is she obsessed with power? Is Sally the modern version of the Middle Earth name Sauron? Is Little Clara channeling the opinions of her namesake? And will she know if you voted for this one and turn that eye toward you? What about the Nazgûl?

#2 - She's done what she does with lots of words, smacked it up, flipped it, and combined the words Mommy and Daddy to form Moda. Monday when we picked my Mom up at the airport, Kristin explained that Grandma is Daddy's Mommy. Clara immediately picked up and called her "Daddy Mommy". Clara will sometimes flip words around - a cup if called a "p-uh" - and she could be shortening and combining "Daddy's Mommy" to Moda.

#3 - She's thinking of Michael and affecting a New York accent. If this is the case, how long until I'm Fadduh?

So, vote in the comments. #1 - Mordor. #2 - Moda. #3 - Mudduh.

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Janene said...

I'm going for MoDa. That's funny. Thanks for posting the blessing pictures, too. It's fun to see.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger mattandhonor said...

I'll have to vote for number 2 although I laughed out loud for number 1!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home