Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mmmm, Donuts

I'd like to bear my testimony of donuts. I know they are true.

When first we moved to Provo one of my classmates, Dave, mentioned a small bakery in Provo at 100 N 200 E. He and his wife used to live near there and would go every couple days.

The Saturday before Easter I was driving home from running an errand, was winding through the smaller streets in Provo, and decided to stop at the bakery. After a quick orientation from one of the employees, I walked out with a Buttermilk Bar, two Chocolate Frosted Custard Filled, and an orange muffin for Clara. On the way out the door I noticed they had beautiful rolls. I asked the girl who had helped me how they were. (She had recommended the Buttermilk Bar.) She went over to a tray, grabbed a roll, and handed it to me. It was delicious.

The donuts were amazing. I love small-town bakeries. I have fond memories of Dale's Donut Factory in Michigan where I first tasted a Buttermilk donut. The buttermilk bar at the Provo Bakery is equally amazing. Every time I've been back I purchased at least one.

We are heading up to Park City today to hit the outlet malls. Carters is calling Kristin and I need some clothes for my internship. On the way, we stopped by the bakery. Mom came in with me and found it's simple homeyness charming. Not a big donut fan, Mom willing tried everything we bought and ended up LOVING the Buttermilk Bar! The apple fritter, maple bar, and chocolate-frosted custard filled were tasty as always.

Next time you're in town, I'll take you by.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 1:15 PM, Blogger David said...

And next time you're in town, I will take you to Donut Plant. I'm talking INTENSE donuts.

http://www.doughnutplant.com/

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Oooh, buttermilk bars are the one donut I actually really like.

Carters is calling me too. But so is Banana Republic, and given that I won't fit into anything they make for at least another six months ... well, *sigh* no shopping for me.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Briawna said...

sorry we couldn't go with you guys yesterday. Hope you scored big on the kids clothes like we did. Exactly where is this devilish donut dive?

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger beezbond said...

Instead of
Next time you're in town, I'll take you by.

Shouldn't it read
Next time you're in town, I'll take you buy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home