Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Our Giant Baby

Clara had her four-month check-up today and it seems that Oliver and I really are her parents. She weighed in at 15 lbs, 10 oz (90th percentile) and is 26 1/2 inches long (off the charts). That's 4 pounds and 3 inches gained in two months. Her pediatrician proclaimed her "perfect, albeit expensive."

She is becoming more and more vocal all the time and laughs over the funniest things. For some reason being called a "big strong standing girl" while pulling her into a standing position gets her every time. Oh, and so does the alphabet song. Don't ask me why. She's rolling from side to side but hasn't made it all the way over from front to back yet. She has also developed a great affinity for her feet and loves it when we help her get her toes into her mouth. Again, further proof that she is my daughter; apparently my toes were my favorite chew toy as a baby. Her coordination is much better and she's getting her toys into her mouth now instead of poking herself in the eye with them.

All in all, she's an adorable, funny little girl and I love watching her learn something new every day. Here are a couple of pics I took of her playing on the floor the other day (she was having some "air out the diaper area" time):


Labels:

6 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Love the pics. Always fun when they begin to do more on their own. Joshua is just starting to hold onto toys.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger eric said...

Yeah for a tall and long basketball player, may all of your boys be football jocks and drive their parents insane(Just what you wanted, I know, sorry I let the secret out).

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Holy Mackerel! Michael has some catching up to do if Clara is going to wear heels at their wedding.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger fiona said...

hee hee! I was thinking that too ;) Clara is so cute, naked babies are the best!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

We have giant babies too. I like having them that way! Could Clara get cuter?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Wonderful post! I love hearing of Clara's growth both in size and abilities. Wonderful pictures, too. Grandma Christensen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home