New Google Features: Part I
Recently Google introduced a new feature for their popular Maps product that allows users to create their own maps. In these maps you can add landmarks (blue dots), trace routes, and highlight areas of the map. For each item you mark gets its own pop-up where you can enter text, images, and video.When you set up a map, you can set it to public or private - the former if you want the world to be able to see it; the latter, if only a select few. I found a great public map called "Our Earth as Art". Definitely worth a viewing.
I decided to test it out by creating a map of my mission in Paraguay. I was amazed at how many of the towns I served in have high-quality satellite pictures. I added landmarks for all the houses I lived in, except the house for my second area, Ñemby. I only lived in Ñemby for one month and can't find the house on the map. I also added the chapels and the Paraguayan temple. Oh, and a really big mango tree I used to walk by most days when I was serving in Ca'acupé.
Check it out and let me know what you think.

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Oliver, I must be doing some thing wrong. I click on the items and get your captions but not any pictures. Some captions indicate I should be able to see a picture ie a mango tree field. What am I doing wrong? Mom Neat feature.
Mom - I updated the post so that the picture at the top links to the map. Check it out again. Or try the link at the bottom of the post.
Post a Comment
<< Home