Friday, October 19, 2007

Dix, Diez, Zehn, Ten

Ten months. We'll be celebrating a birthday in just two months. Crazy, crazy.

We bring you a bit of a different type of update this month. I think I'll dispense with the standard "she's doing this and that now" and fill you in on some of Clara's exploits during the last thirty days instead. She has:

Become a proficient stair climber. In fact, if I were to let her, she would climb up the stairs all day long. If the gate is down for some reason, she'll notice within two minutes and book it straight for the stairs before I can get there to block the way. Going back down is still a challenge; she still thinks headfirst is the way to go. She's discovered that if she puts her hands out in front of her she can slide headfirst off the sofa and catch herself on the way down, but somehow I don't think that will work as well on the staircase.



Discovered the joys of boy's toys...and clothing. One night at Bruce and Julie's place, Clara began to explore Colter's costume box and proceeded to crawl all over the house with one of his light sabers. She also somehow managed to trash not only the outfit she was wearing, but also her spare clothes from the diaper bag. Thank you, Colter-man, for the loan of not only your toys, but also your baby clothes.



Purchased a new winter hat. But only time will tell if she'll ever leave it on her head long enough for it to keep her warm.



Managed to trap herself under the laundry basket. I swear I did not stage this.




Developed a serious love of plastic containers. Like mother, like daughter.



Discovered a new way to tell us she's done eating. If she happens to not be wearing a bib for some reason, she'll try to pull her shirt off instead.



Eaten spaghetti with tomato sauce for the first time. Up to this point I had only given her plain noodles to pick up on her own. We got brave one night, stripped her down, and let her eat...then promptly carried her up to the bath.



Discovered the supreme joy of toilet paper. And the fun sound produced by pounding on the toilet seat. I am apparently no longer allowed to use the restroom by myself.



Made her first trip to the ER. Fun for all involved. See previous post. I can't talk about it again.



And since I can't resist, here are a few other as-yet-undocumented things she's doing: making kissing sounds and fish-lips, giving mom and dad hugs and kisses (when she's in the mood), "singing" while she bangs on the piano keys , pushing the kitchen chairs all over the room and yelling when she gets stuck, and just generally exploring every nook and cranny of the house, emptying drawers as she goes.

Is there really such a thing as having a completely baby-proof house? My ten-month-old is trying to prove that it's impossible.

Labels:

3 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

She is so cute! An overachiever too, it sounds like! :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger foculbrown said...

Yes, bathrooms are a fun place to play and no one should every be alone in one. :D

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Baby-proof is a relative term, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home