The Ice Tradition
Last Thursday night we met up with David & Bonnie for dinner at Pei Wei. I had suggested to Kristin that we invite David & Bonnie to check out Harris Teeter, which opened a few days ago, with us. She told me that they would probably need to head home and not to bother them. So, after dinner what do I do? I ask David if they want to go check out Harris Teeter. "Oooh! I totally want to go!" The women had no chance to influence our course.
As we walked into the store we found a shopping cart with two seats in the front, complete with steering wheels - two of them! We buckled the kids in and marveled at how adorable our offspring is. Oh, we people of excellent genes. On our way in the door we ran into Jason & Ginny, a family from our ward.
The prices at Harris Teeter are ridiculous. Kristin commented that we have become total Wegmans snobs. How can you not when it is the highest-quality, lowest-price grocery store in the whole world? I doubt we'd ever stop there.
In the frozen foods section we ran into Spencer & Amy, another couple from our ward. They moved in about five months ago and we hadn't had the chance to get to know them. We stood and talked for a while, but the call of an expiring Rita's coupon was stronger, so we took off. We invited them to join us for our weekly pilgramage to Rita's the following Monday, and they accepted. Before we left, I got Spencer's PIN so I could BlackBerry Messenger him.
(And on Sunday I BBMessenged him in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. I love my Blackberry.)
On the way home from work today I called Kristin to discuss the pilgramage to Rita's when Tiffany called. We ran into Tiffany and Aaron last Monday at Rita's, and she asked if we were going tonight. I told her we were and explained that David & Bonnie and Kristin & I were planning on introducing Spencer & Amy to the frozen goodness. A number of phone calls and a few BB messages later we had a time and a place.
And take over Rita's we did do.. Everyone got ice, except Logan who wanted pink ice cream (strawberry custard). We had a great time talking, eating ice, and getting to know each other. An hour later our car pulled out of the parking lot. I hope this is the start of a tradition.
Labels: friends

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
What's Ritas?
Do we need to go to Rita's after Sweetwater on November 3rd?
Post a Comment
<< Home