A Good News Day
I took Clara in to see an allergist this morning to follow-up on her food allergies. She has been fine with dairy for more than six months now, but because of the results of her last scratch test two years ago, we still haven't given her peanuts or tree nuts. Today they tested her for both, and the results were good.
We can give her tree nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, etc)! Absolutely no skin reaction to these.
She did still react to peanuts, but I'm taking it as a positive step since the reaction was no worse than last time, and I'm pretty sure it's a bit better (I don't recall exactly how many millimeters the skin wheal was last time she was tested). She's in a marginal range where we still have to avoid all peanut products but are hopeful that within the next few years she may outgrow it. We'll test her again when she's five and see where we are then.
Off to buy some almond butter!
Labels: Clara

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Great news!!!
Fantastic! This is indeed great news. Good job, Clara.
That IS good news!! HOORAY!!!
Hoorah!
Woodstock's was a 4 the first time and a 4.5 this time to peanuts ... getting worse. *sigh*
By the way - sunflower butter is great too!
Post a Comment
<< Home