Insanity
I've been chastised for not posting my own updates, so here goes...
It hit me this week that my days of freedom are rapidly disappearing; we're at +/- 15 weeks until we two become three. Instead of encouraging me to go out and do all those things that are going to become infinitely more difficult to accomplish soon, the realization has opened the flood gates of baby-planning insanity. All of a sudden my addled brain has decided it's become urgently necessary to buy cribs, rockers, dressers, changing pads, sheets, crib mobiles, blankets, blah, blah, blah. I even have to consciously resist the tempation to buy diapers every time I'm at the store, for crying out loud. What am I going to do for nursery decorations? Should we paint or not? Where am I going to put all of her books? Do I have everyone's email addresses to send out a message when she arrives? Do I have mailing addresses for those birth announcements? Birth announcments! I need to get working on those! THIS is the insanity I'm talking about.
Deep breaths. You have 15 weeks.
I'll betcha you're sorry I was encouraged to post. :-)
Labels: Clara

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
I totally understand! The time is slowly trickling by. Translation: flying! We're guilty of the starting-to-stock-up-on-diapers urge, too...
How much stuff can a little bitty baby (or two) REALLY need...???
Clara is such a cute name! Congratulations again! We think about all of you often and I wish I could be there to see all of your cute preggie selves. I too had insane nesting instincts. I had to somewhat bridle them since I could barely move, and was not only trying to get ready for twins, but also unpack a house and get used to life in a new state. I remember I stocked up on tons of stuff, more than I needed in fact. You will be the best parents. I can't wait to meet your girl when we visit next! Good luck these last few weeks!
Oliver, I'm sure you've heard about the baby bargins book. It is very helpful. Jared and Mary hooked us and it proved itself worthful. I hope everything goes well. We miss you guys a ton and Tara is always asking about you and now asking about Clara, it's pretty cool. Love Ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home