Monday, October 16, 2006

A convenient truth

During the pre-closing walk through almost five years ago, our builder pointed out that the showers in our new house had been fitted with low-flow shower heads. We gave sanctimonious little nods feeling appropriately eco-friendly. We were going to be saving the environment each time we showered.

After my first shower all cares for the environment went out the window. Water pressure, flow, everything was MISERABLE. I eventually got used to it and started cursing the environment, Greenpeace, Al Gore, the whales each time I showered.

Kristin recently decided to do something about it. Behold:Now every time I shower part of the Artic ice cap melts, rain forests from Bali to the Amazon burn, smog chokes yet another child in Mexico City, and some dirty hippie sitting in a tree has a new person about which to rant.

I love my new showerhead.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Utah King Family said...

Thanks for the laugh. You can recycle another newspaper or two and make up for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home