Saturday, October 07, 2006

The poor, poor guy

Today we went to Babies R Us. We tend to do that fairly often. While there we ordered Clara's crib and bought the crib mattress.

While picking out the mattress we ran across a young couple who looked to be in their early to mid twenties. The couple was accompanied by both mothers, who were VERY actively participating in the mattress selection process. As they debated the virtues of foam over spring mattresses, the edge support of this one, the waterproofness of that one, Kristin and I quietly opened up our Baby Bargains book, picked up the mattress we had decided on, and went over to the crib section.

As we walked away I turned to Kristin and said, "I pity that guy."

We quickly picked out our crib, found that they didn't have it in stock, and placed an order. As our sales associated, Bill, took our information we saw our friends from the mattress section deep in discussion regarding cribs. This time the mom-to-be was missing. I figure she was off somewhere contemplating fates less horrific than shopping with both your mother and your mother-in-law.

As we walked out of the store we saw the group loading their purchases into their car. As I made a sound to indicate how much I pitied the guy Kristin commented, "I think I would kill myself."

I wonder if my mother would have gone shopping with June and Dean. Oh, that makes me laugh.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jen said...

if mom ever did go shopping with both of them I am sure we were all fighting for front row seats, that would of been helariouse. good louck with the diabeties thing kristin, morgan gets cranky if jen eats chocolate so shes been having her one crisis (not as restriictive as yours, but still killer on jen)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home