Brunch at the Asylum
We drove downtown to have brunch with my friend Jarrod Jaffe this morning. He was in town from New Hampshire for the weekend staying with a friend in Adams Morgan. They recommended The Asylum, a dive bar featuring vegan but also serving carnivore foods, as it is cheap, the portions are sizeable, and they have killer cheese fries. I was sold.
When we got there, we were waiting for someone so we ordered a basket of their cheese fries. Inexpensive and down right tasty, their fries are waffle cut with a seasoning like Arby fries. The basket of fries was covered in melted cheese (also available with vegan cheese) and served piping hot. It took us a while, but we devoured the fries. We then ordered breakfast. I ordered a ham and cheese omelet, which was served with cantaloupe, toast and some KILLER home fries. Others ordered a breakfast sandwich, omelets, and something else I can't remember. The food was served very quickly. It was quite tasty. When a fifth person joined us, he was sleeping in, we ordered and polished off another basket of cheese fries.Driving home was a delight as I got to take Rock Creek Parkway. It always amazes me how easy it is to get in and out of the city when you can take Rock Creek Parkway. The day was overcast, a slight drizzle was falling as we walked around Adams Morgan. Definitely a good trip. Was great to see Jarrod. He looks quite well.
Labels: food

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home