Fatty Mc Fat Fats
When Kristin and I started doing Weight Watchers, we commented that we had become Fatty Mc Fat Fats. A Fatty Mc Fat Fat is someone so *huge* that they transcend the distinction of being a fatty or a fat fat. One of the key elements is the use of the Mc, paying homage to that great home of American obesity, Mc Donalds.
One of my first goals was to lose 10% of my starting weight, 32 pounds. Upon reaching this goal, I realized that I was no longer a Fatty Mc Fat Fat and started calling myself a Fatty Mc Fat. (Note that there is still a Mc in there.) Going from 320 to 288 was a big deal, but is far from being a healthy adult.
So, when I went to weigh myself today, I realized that I had hit another milestone in my journey. Happy Day! I am no longer obese!! Obesity, as defined by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, is when your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 30 or greater. My body mass index is now 29.5. I'm just overweight!
It appears I am no longer a Fatty Mc Fat. I am now just a Fatty. Some day, once I have reached my normal weight (BMI between 18 and 24.9), I will have to come up with a new name. How does Slim sound?
Labels: The Plan

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home