Oh my golly gosh!
Is it really happening? Check it out:
Folks you have waited patiently for a number of years and Fairfax Connector is happy to announce that SmarTrip will be here in Summer 2007. Many of you already utilize SmarTrip technology and know how convenient it is to use. For the benefit of those unfamiliar with the technology, SmarTrip is like a debit card which allows you to pay fares electronically, which will also keep track of transfers, without the need for cash or paper transfers. SmarTrip-enhanced fare boxes have been around Fairfax County for a number of years, operating within Metrorail and Metrobus systems.Rock on! It is finally happening. Wait. Is the Potomac turning to blood? Do I see locusts? Ooops. Wrong biblical reference. I want signs of the apocalypse.
Fairfax Connector is making final preparations to have these new fare boxes installed. The Fairfax Connector has planned to install the SmarTrip fare boxes in the southern portion of Fairfax County first, then shortly after installation will take place in routes serving North Fairfax County. We hope that our customers are in no way inconvenienced by the installation process. Please check back for future updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while the region's transit providers coordinate this implementation to enable an easier payment option for you.
Full update here.

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
How long have they been saying this now? It's just like the metro coming to Dulles ... I'm going to be a grandparent before I ever get to stop taking the bus to WFC. :)
They have been so conservative when giving time estimates on this, that I believe we're getting close here. The fact that Alexandria's DASH system has SmarTrip installed and running is a good sign. But you're right, we do have to go forward with a little faith here.
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Or actually, when I read it on your blog. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home