Friday, July 06, 2007

Harry Potter News

My, oh my, it's been a while since I've posted Harry Potter news. Here are a few things I've stumbled upon in the last few days.

BIG NEWS #1: The last word is no longer 'scar'!
When asked by the chat show host whether the word "scar" was still the last word in the book, as had been reported, she said: "Scar? It was for ages, and now it's not.

"Scar is quite near the end, but it's not the last word."
Source: washingtonpost.com

#2: There's been a lot of talk about whether Harry is going to die at the end of the book. Kristin firmly believes that Harry can't die and these remain children's books. I feel like Harry is on the Hero's Journey, and that his death is almost called for, that the ultimate sacrifice is required. What do you think? Read more at cnn.com.

#3: The True News Source has produced an online feature, "Hogwarts Hub", with all things Potter. Check it out.

7 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oliver and Kristin,
How the heck are ya? Check out our blog-- schuckyducky.blogspot.com--Lara got me hooked--would love to hear from yall! Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!
Laura Story Schuckman

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Becky J. said...

Harry is totally a gonner, Snape is really good, and one of the Weasley twins (and probably Percy) are going to die, too. That's just our guesses, but we could be way off. After all, it did take me about 2 years after finishing Book 6 to accept that Dumbledore really did die, but I'm betting I'm right on the above.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jared said...

I don't think Harry has to die. He or Voldemort must die, but that does not mean he has to die. Though, I suppose she could kill both of them off. (Luke Skywalker did not have to die, did he? Not that this story is Star Wars, but I don't think it is 100%.)

Why does Snape have to be good or bad? Why can't he just be looking out for himself? Couldn't Snape be neither good or bad, just a Slytherin. As Phineas Nigellus says in Order of the Phoenix, "We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks."

I am not arguing that Snape is good, bad, or neither. I just don't like that everyone argues good versus bad and forgets that he could just be a Slytherin.

(But as much as I would like him just to be a Slytherin, I think something might come out in book 7 that will explain much more about Snape and James' relationship, which in turn will explain something about Snape and Harry.)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Jared said...

My coworker, Brooke, thinks Harry could have an "ultimate sacrifice" without dying.

What if he gave up his magical powers? (That is Brooke's theory.)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Forget the Harry Potter news...Staci and I want to know if Jared has kept to his Potter Marathon schedule.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Jared said...

Brian and Staci,

I have not been able to catch up with the movie viewing, but I was able to finish book 5 right before we went to the theater last night. Now I just need to read book 6 this week and I will be ready for the Deathly Hallows.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger zachariah said...

He's gonna bite the big one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home