Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Seven Months, a Little Late

So I should have posted this almost a week ago, but things have been a tad busy around here, what with Harry Potter reading to do. (As an aside, I've finished my second reading.) Clara was seven months last Thursday, and I've discovered something about her. She seems to like to celebrate the 19th of every month with a major developmental forward leap. At 5 months 1 day she suddenly started rolling over like a fiend, at 6 months 2 days she started sitting completely unsupported, and at 7 months minus a day she started scooting around. It's a commando-style crawl as she hasn't yet figured out that her knees can get in on the action, but it's enough to get her to her toys...and into trouble. So far we have one baby gate up, with two more to follow soon; she hasn't shown much interest in the stairs yet, but I know it's only a matter of time.

She's proving herself to be a very active little ball of energy with a voice to match. It seems that Clara believes you're not really talking unless you're yelling. She's usually a happy, funny baby with a somewhat mischievous twinkle in her eye, although she's not shy about letting us know that something is upsetting her...and it usually involves either her crib or her carseat. She's really not too fond of captivity in general. We think she's starting to try to wave hello; she holds one arm up bent at a 90 degree angle with the other arm sticking straight out to the side. It's either that or she's trying to imitate Michael Flatley: Lord of the Dance.


As soon as I can manage to get a picture I'll post it; it really is pretty funny.

I tried to take some pictures the other day, but between a camera that wasn't doing what I wanted (really, really tempted to buy a digital SLR) and an uncooperative seven-month-old, most of the cute ones turned out blurry. But here are a few that sort of turned out:


And a little extra something...I can just hear her thinking, "Seriously, Mom, no more green beans."

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Mom/Debbie Lou said...

Thanks for the update. I needed a Clara fix. Love you all,

Mom/Debbie Lou/Oma

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Adorable pictures. As usual, thanks for taking the time and effort. Sally

 

Post a Comment

<< Home