Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Potter Puppet Pals

A new crop of children, raised on Harry Potter, have reached the age where their fan creations are increasingly sophisticated, moving beyond the crayon picture on the fridge. Take Potter Puppet Pals, for example. Introduced to me by the Little Mormon Boy Scouts, Potter Puppet Pals are puppet shows posted on YouTube featuring Harry, Ron, Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore and others. During Scouts, the boys were choked with laughter as they recounted different episodes. At one point one yelled, "Pipe bomb!" and all collapsed in fits of laughter. I figured I had to check it out.

I followed their instructions: go to YouTube and type in Potter Puppet Pals. Immediately, results popped up. Video after video, with every one I watched featuring the line "I'm Snape the potions master." There was even a video of a live Potter Puppet Pals performance, with the audience chanting along in delight.

Of the ones I viewed, my favorite was The Mysterious Ticking Noise. Either click the title in the previous sentence or click play below. Enjoy.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 5:53 PM, Blogger foculbrown said...

Great one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home