Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Did you know a girl named...?"

This morning, before sacrament meeting started, Michael and I were over visiting Kristen and Jared. (Michael told me he wanted to walk around. So I obliged.) While chatting, Kristen asked me if I knew a girl at GMU named Helena. "Hellie?" I replied. "Of course I remember Hellie."

I attended a single semester at George Mason University in the fall of 1994. I hung out with a group of people who were also commuter students. Our weekly tradition was to gather at Dave's house, who often made excellent cookies for the group, and watch The X-Files. Dave had an awesome sound system and at least once per episode I'd yell at a quiet moment and make everyone jump. It was highly entertaining.

One weekend during that semester I had the group out to my house for a get-away. We did something crazy Friday night, crashed for the night at the house, in the morning I cooked breakfast for everyone, and we went hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Here is a photo as we set out hiking.


Hellie is the blond in the middle row, standing in front of me. She is standing next to Stacey, who threw a Hannukah party for the group a few weeks after this event. I'd lost touch with everyone in this picture, but look forward to seeing Hellie in the near future.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

Nice hair. You've come a long way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home