Monday, October 01, 2007

Migratory Messages & Music

I should have just tied them together. Then we could have carried them between us. Or flown them...

I never shared Computer Configuration 2.0 with the group. Computer Configuration 2.0 came about when the little one discovered the cords trailing behind the computers. This configuration, pictured below, has served us well for the past two to three months. Yet, sometimes you have to upgrade, which is why we are heading down the path of Computer Configuration 2.5. Still the same basic configuration except this time the subwoofers will be off the floor. To make room for the subwoofer, one computer is being moved to the basement. It will be an internet-free game computer that the nephews can play on when they come to visit.
In preparation, I migrated Kristin's e-mail to my machine. Outlook Express is a pain, as is Outlook. Took forever to figure it out. I'm still using a Microsoft product, so why the crap don't you make it easy? Huh? Huh? They annoy me so sometimes.

The migration of music had me scared, but turns out to be pretty easy. iTunes now supports multiple user libraries, so Kristin's and my music won't contaminate each other. (Like food on a child's plate.) Her music collection has been copying to my machine for the past hour. Here's to hoping it finishes up soon.

Tomorrow night we will be moving one computer downstairs, and we will be able to move the subwoofers on the floor up. And Little Miss won't kill herself on them, like she attempted to do multiple times over the past few days.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

You should see our desk. It's a roll top computer desk so we can shut it and the kids can't get into it. It's lovely. I love Costco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home