Oregon Day 3
Sunday was a quiet day in Portland. We decided to attend the local Ward and get some good old-time religion. We drove out past Kristin's old high school, through fields and farms, to a new chapel in the middle of nowhere. (Kristin claims it isn't; I disagree.) And thanks to my BlackBerry we have another installment of Blogging During Church!!
- Beautiful chapel.
- Two people came up to welcome us in the first three minutes.
- And it's the Primary Program!
- "Hello! My name is Clara. Listen to me make noise during the sacrament."
- Little boy walks up to sit on the stand for the Primary Program, sits for a few minutes, gets up, walks by his parents' pew, announces, "I have to go to the bathroom," and cruises out the door.
- Sunbeams went first, used a hand-held microphone, sang the first song, then went and sat with their families. How inspired!
- Clara won't sit still and is making too much noise, Daddy and baby are now in the hall.
- Closing song was amazing arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives. Clara sat quietly in my arms and listened.
We dropped in on Grammy for a visit. Sadly, we neglected to take any pictures, but Clara enjoyed exploring another house and I loved playing Grammy's pump organ. Working two pedals supplies air to run across and through the pipes. It has a nice sound and I enjoy playing it. I broke out her old hymnal and played a few of my favorites.
Sitting on the couch with my laptop. Some crazy TV show is on. Need to get to the bathroom. What do I do?
Pause the TV.
I love their DVR.
Here is a picture from Sunday meal time taken with Debbie's new camera. The look says it all. I swear no one posed her for this shot!

Our evening was spent at Jeff's house having a quick get together so we could see various other family members. A list of everyone present (and how they relate):
- Jeff (Kristin's dad)
- Sabrina (Jeff's wife, or my step-mother-in-law)
- Helen (Sabrina's mother)
- Kristin (my baby-momma)
- Clara (my baby)
- Oliver (one word: stud)
- Britney (Sabrina's oldest)
- Alakai (Britney's son)
- Alana (Sabrina's second)
- Delaney (Sabrina's youngest)
- Ashley (Kristin's sister)
- Julie (Kristin's aunt/Jeff's sister)
- Jacob (Kristin's cousin/Julie's son)
- Could I possibly be missing anyone?
- I forgot Grammy! How could I! Grammy (Kristin's paternal grandmother)
Labels: during church, Portland 2007

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
There is a special place in purgatory for those that blog in church.
Zach posted a beautiful comment there Oliver. What say you?
I say, "I don't believe in purgatory."
Thus, I am in the clear.
Post a Comment
<< Home