Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Blogging New Year's Day

Should this be Part 7?

Slumber parties are not meant to include sleep, and this one delivered. A 1:48am bedtime (we had to show off Paper Mario) and Clara waking up and coming into bed with us and not being able to fall back asleep (read flailing around, crying out every two minutes), resulted in very little sleep for Mom and Dad. At 3:20am, after an hour and a half of Clara's fitfullness, I got up, dressed, and walked Kristin and Clara to the car, with the charge to sleep what they could and return in the morning.

Return they did, sleep little did we all. Bruce made some amazing molasses ginger waffles, a Rachel Ray recipe, which we served with fruit, sausage, and bacon. Bonnie suggested that we cooked the bacon in the oven. This took me back to my days working at Fuddrucker's, where we would cook the day's bacon in the oven each morning. The bacon that was closely attended to cooked perfectly. The bacon that I ignored on the lower rack charred and set off the smoke alarm. Bonnie handed David a towel, which he waved in front of the smoke alarm, which silenced the alarm. Great trick to remember.

The pictures of the waffles don't do them justice, so I'll close with a Bruce self portrait. Anyone ready for a nap?

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:46 AM, Blogger foculbrown said...

I just can't resist an unattended camera. :)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Mom/Debbie Lou said...

I'm trying to be patient, but not succeeding. Where are the pictures of Clara walking?
Love, Mom/Debbie Lou/Oma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home