I Am One Year Old!
Happy birthday to me! It's so fun to be one year old. I'm learning how to walk and talk, and I can point to the graham crackers to tell Mommy that I want some more. I like to open drawers and hide my toys and clothes in them. Mommy thinks it's silly that she keeps finding socks in her kitchen towel drawer. I can also open doors now and like to get in the pantry. I know that's where Mommy and Daddy keep the food.
Now that I'm one year old Mommy is letting me try foods with milk in them. She's hoping my tummy does okay with them. So far I've had yogurt, string cheese, macaroni & cheese, and goldfish crackers. Yummy!
Mommy and Daddy had a birthday party for me on Sunday evening and all my friends came. Well, except for Lauren and McKenzie, but they had a good reason. Their mommy had another baby that morning! More friends to play with! My party was fun; I liked playing with Michael, Colter, Logan, and Samara, and all the grown-ups had fun talking about stuff. Michael and Samara helped me open my presents, and I really liked playing with the bows and wrapping paper.
My presents are neat and I have so much fun playing with them now. The cake Mommy made was okay, but the frosting felt funny on my fingers. It was much better when Mommy gave me a fork to eat it with.
Birthdays are fun! And now it's on to toddlerhood!
Labels: Clara

8 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Awww, Happy Birthday, Clara! Looks like you had a fabulous party!
Woohoo! One! Happy 1st Birthday, Clara! Sounds like a fun party, wish we could've been there :)
First Birthdays are the best...though, I have to say, she is WAY too clean in those pictures. I hope you got some shots of her stuffing her face in the food (or at least, pasted food all over her face and took a picture if she is a mess-averse child).
BTW, I just realized we don't have your email. We just made our blog private, but would like to add you to the viewers. Drop us an email at squirrelzipper@yahoo.com and we'll send you an invite.
happy birthday clara!
Happy Birthday, Clara! Didn't they let you dig into the cake on your own? I think this is the first picture I have seen of you standing on your very own. Go to it, girl. Make then earn that parenting award. Love you, Grandma C
Happy Birthday, Clara! So you're walking now- katy-bar the door, literally. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love, Oma
Happy birthday Clara!!! Can't believe it was a year ago we were all in the hospital.
Happy Birthday, Clara!! Wish we were there to celebrate with you!!
ps - your ponytail is ADORABLE!!! Sophie only aspires to your hair abilities! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home