No One Says It Like Nick
At church there is a boy named Nick. Nick has an amazing personality and a talent for casually delivering the most off-the-wall, hilarious statements. He was in my Primary class for two years when I taught the six- and seven-year-olds.
One Sunday during Sharing Time, Jodi, the music leader, was trying to get the children to guess the name of the next song by giving them clues. It was the week before Pioneer Day and Jodi asked, "What did pioneer children do?" {Pantomiming walking} "All day long?" The name of the song is Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked and Walked. Nick, seven years old at the time, knew this and, becoming increasingly exasperated with each passing moment, sighed and said, "They walked and walked and walked and then they died." At this point, I lost it. I tapped the teacher in the row in front of us and repeated the story. She lost it. Then I called Nick's mother over, who happened to be standing in the back of the room, and told her the story. Same response. It's one of my favorite Primary stories to this day.
Fast forward three years to tonight at Mutual. I stood talking to a woman in our Ward when Nick, who was there for Cub Scouts, walked up. I said hello then the woman I was speaking with asked Nick if she could tousle his hair. He nodded and afterwards the woman asked him if the girls at school ever asked to touch his hair. He said, "No," turned, and walked away.
After two steps he turned back around, leaned towards us and said, "But they want to. I can tell."
It's all about Nick.
Labels: church

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Ha! I can totally see him saying that, he is such a cutie!!
I am laughing so hard I almost spit my water out - I can totally see Nick doing this. He's a cutie - and what a sense of humor.
It is a shame that he has no confidence, eh?
Post a Comment
<< Home