Tales of a Slug
This morning I decided to slug to work due to some delays on the Orange Line. Two cars pulled up. Another slugger broke into a dead run to be the first person to the first car. (A portent for the day.) The driver of the first offered to take me as well, but I waved that I would ride with the second, a woman in her 60s with a handicap tag on her rear view mirror.
Bad move.
I opened the door and was met with the smell of stale cigarettes and a filthy car. "Watch out for the exposed screw on the back of my XM." She took off, overturning my expectation that she would be a cautious driver, yelling at people as she cut across three lanes of traffic to the HOV lane. "Get off my bumper. Geez."
I wonder if she can see the screen of my BlackBerry as I'm typing this...
Update: Getting out of her car, my legs entangled in some cord. It spilled out of the car into the roadway. "Could you make sure the whip makes it back in the car?" Whip?! "I train horses." What a to start my Friday.
Labels: commuting

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home