Chasing Balloons
Clara slept in. That's really the only important thing today. The child didn't wake up until after 9am. Mind you, we had her up late last night, and her biological clock is a few hours behind. But the sun was up. There was light in the room. She was in a Pack N Play, not her regular bed. And she managed to sleep in. A gift from the gods. Kristin and I were VERY thankful.
What a delightful way to start out our Thanksgiving! But there is so much more to be thankful for: Today is a beautiful fall day in NYC. And there is a little parade happening. One short train ride and we found ourselves in Times Square ready to spectate.
We decided that sleep and warmth were more important than camping out early to get a good view of the parade. Additionally, what 2-year-old wants to sit and watch a parade for multiple hours? We all figured 30 minutes would be long enough. And we were right! After 30 minutes they were MORE than done. We saw a couple of floats go by, saw a few of the huge balloons, and even saw some interesting people. Selected photos follow.









After the parade, David and I hit Gristedes for a few must-haves (read Cherry Coke Zero and Just Black Cherry). On the way home we looked back towards Time Square and saw Horton heading downtown. What an "end" to the parade.

Labels: New York 2008

7 Comments: (Post a Comment)
How awesome! I never watch the parade on TV, but to actually go would be a totally different story. Looks like y'all are having fun! It's especially cute to see Clara and Michael reunited :) and I enlarged the "old Oliver" pic and need to ask...what wrinkles???
I agree on the item of utmost importance...the sleep-in. Nice.
How cool!
By random chance, did you see the Rickroll during the parade?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL-hNMJvcyI
we too would love to see that parade live one day
in the meantime
glad the weather was great, the company entertaining and all well
I love the little faux-hawk Oliver.
Looks like you had a blast!
I am so jealous ... I didn't even get to watch the parade on TV this year. Looks like fun (and looks like a great time to be taller than everyone else!).
I'm with Fiona - I don't see any wrinkles...
You do know you could have gotten away with titling this post "Chasing Pavements" instead of the more obscure reference, right? I mean you are on the streets of New York. How could you not be chasing pavements?
Hello...I happened upon your blog through another blog and just wanted to say these pics are awesome. I have never been to NYC and would love to go some day. I currently live in the upper L.P. of Michigan. NYC has always been such a fascination for me. I am hoping one day to visit with my family.
Post a Comment
<< Home