Messing
Yesterday Clara and I had cleaned up all the toys in preparation for an art project. Before we could get started, I received a phone call from Oliver and spent the next half hour dealing with a problem with his student financial account and throwing a temper tantrum because of it (a whole 'nother story in itself). During this time I'll admit that I wasn't paying super close attention to Clara; I mean, sure, if she had started screaming I would have gone to see what happened, but she was playing pretty quietly so I let her do her thing. Knowing her, there should have been alarm bells ringing in my head.
Once Oliver and I figured out the money problems, I turned around to find this:
"Clara, what are you doing?"
"Making a mess."
Oh. Duh.
While I worked to clean that up, she worked on this instead:
Being able to eat is totally overrated.
Labels: Clara

3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Beat of luck keeping ahead of that one. Oh, I think you may be loosing. I love that she knew waht she was doing, "making a mess" and did such a masterful job of it. Thanks for sahring such a delightful experience adn for not blowing you cool but capturing it for us to enjoy. Sadly I would not have done so well.
My little kids now begin to make a huge mess by saying "Don't worry mom, we promise we'll clean it up!!!"
I have to say that most of the time they do, although not always so willingly as they promised!
I love it!
It's like when Woodstock yells "I hiding!" In response to me asking "Where are you?"
They probably wonder why we ask such obvious questions.
Post a Comment
<< Home