Saturday, March 31, 2007

Out, Sand, Out I Say! -or- Now I'm a Suburbanite

We gave the house a quick cleaning to prepare for the Cousins Dinner today. The entryway on the first floor has been a mess for some time. No matter how often we vacuumed, dirt would quickly appear. I couldn't tell where the source of all the dirt was until I took two steps into the garage without my shoes on.

The door to the garage is right off of the entryway. This winter we've had a bit more snow and ice than normal, and the department of transportation has dropped a ton of sand. A fair amount of that sand ended up in our garage and, in turn, our entryway.

I figured if we wanted to have a clean entryway we first had to clean out the garage. So last weekend I emptied out the garage, swept out about three pounds of sand, WD-40ed the garage door tracks, and even moved the Christmas decorations so they wouldn't get smashed each time I pulled too far into the garage. I do believe that cleaning out your garage is the sure sign that you've become a suburbanite.

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

Aha! You are ahead of us. We are reserving garage cleaning for May. Dave wants to PAINT the garage. Yes, you read that right. And epoxy the floor.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jared said...

What is a garage? Isn't that one of those places where you pay someone an hourly rate and hundreds of cars park there?

It must have taken you a long time to sweep out the garage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home