A Fine Topic For A Friday
I wish I was less socially inhibited. I know, I know, this is coming from a person with very few social inhibitions. Here I mean I wish I was willing to carry a camera around and stick it in random people's faces and take their picture. Why you ask? Because every once in a while I catch someone out of the corner of my eye during my commute that, despite how surreptitiously I scrutinize, I just can't answer the question: Is that a man or a woman?
Now I'm not talking about effeminate looking teenage boys with long hair or transgenders just starting hormone therapy. I'm talking about people that, even after staring for a few minutes, you just can't definitely say either way.
I was with a friend earlier this week and ran into someone who, even after five to ten minutes of interaction, I couldn't tell. At first both my friend and I guessed man but then I switched to woman. Maybe someday I'll be brazen enough to say, "Hey, you a dude or a chick?" or to carry around a camera and take a picture so I can get other people's opinions. But until then I'll just have to live with the uncertainty.

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Ooooohhhhh.Oliver you make me laugh.I feel the same way and love to point these people out to pete. We should make up a game show where econtestants have to look at these people and guess.
I hate to say it, but that would make a fabulous blog. You could just post one picture each day with the question, "are you a dude or a chick?"
ha ha ha! At a church youth dance oh so long ago, my friend, "S", who is a very cute girl asked another girl to slow dance. This other girl looked like a guy. My other friend and I knew better, and were very confused when S approached this person as we were all finding guys to ask. We stopped in the guy-finding quest to watch S. The girl/guy looked confused, too, but said yes, I think to be polite. They both tried to dance as the girl, and that's when S figured it out. They shared a laugh and parted ways. S didn't seem fazed at all, but it cracks me up everytime I think of it!
Oliver, this is so wrong and so funny.
I love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home