Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blogging From The Plane

Time: 8:15am MDT
Location: Just north of Lake Francis Case
Speed: 476 mph

Welcome to "Blogging From The Plane". Kristin, the little one, and I are en route to Portland, OR, to visit Kristin’s family for a week. Our early morning flight out of Dulles International Airport has been uneventful thus far. The plane is fairly empty so we have three seats to ourselves. Our delightful friend David was kind enough to drive us to the airport this morning at 5:30am. That is a true friend.

We checked the car seat and Pack N Play. As a result we only had the diaper bag, my laptop bag, and Kristin's bag o' miscellany as carry ons. I got to carry Clara through the airport and was the recipient of many warms smiles and comments of "What a beautiful daughter you have!"

I haven't flown out of Dulles in a while and this was my first opportunity to experience the underground walkway connecting the B and Main terminals. What a glorious experience! No people movers crammed full of early-morning travelers. Only a long hallway with moving sidewalks. And what could make it even better? Check it out:
I so need to get this printed on a t-shirt.

Walk Left | Stand Right is the cornerstone and keystone of escalator and moving sidewalk etiquette. An variation on "slower traffic keep right," the concept allows people who like to walk to get past those who want to stand. I judge not whether you are a walker or a rider, I myself have experienced the joy of the ride many times, but ask that you help keep a sense of order. That’s all.

Okay, we’re about to descend into Salt Lake City, where we have a one-hour lay over. I need to shut down my portable electronic device. Before I go, two quick other notes:

1) Clara has been charming the flight crew. One of the flight attendants offered the opinion that Clara will be breaking hearts in no time.

2) Real men change messy diapers at 8,000 feet. I rule.

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Yeah! for your real manliness. Have fun! Loved your second SLC blog. Love, Mom and Dad

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger TXlaps said...

Well, I hope you got to change that diaper on your lap - because then you'd be a real man's man. I proved I should have been kicked out of college by trying to get to the bathroom during turbulence so I could use the changing table (it was coming out the sides - it was urgent!). I ended up sitting down in the aisle and crawling back to my seat and deciding my lap would do just fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home