Saturday, April 07, 2007

Daddy Sure Is Weird






Hey there, everyone! It's been a while since Mommy and Daddy held me in front of the keyboard. Lest you think I don't appreciate you all, my greatest fans, I'm here to update you on some happenings in my life.

Friday, Daddy came home from work at a decent time and found Mommy and me on the floor. I was kicking and shaking a rattle. I gave Daddy a big smile when he walked in. Mommy put a toy behind me to see if I would show Daddy how I've been rolling on my side. Mommy told Daddy, "She gets on her side but just can't figure out what to do with her arm, so she never quite makes it all the way over." When I wouldn't roll on to my side Mommy put me on my tummy for some tummy time.

Daddy lay down next to me and I leaned over towards Daddy and then rolled over from my stomach to my back. I'm not sure why, but Daddy started freaking out, yelling "Woo hoo! She rolled over for the first time and I was here to see it!" and making a general ruckus. It scared me, so I started to cry. Mommy told Daddy to chill out.

The next thing I knew, I was back on my stomach with the camera in my face. Daddy kept saying, "Do it again, do it again," but I had no idea what he was talking about, so I sat there for a second, realized I didn't want to be on my stomach, and communicated that to Mommy and Daddy by starting to cry.

Mommy took pity on me and lay me down so I could kick and play with my toys. I eventually calmed down and all was well with the world.

I still haven't rolled over again. Maybe I'll wait until Daddy is at work Monday so I don't have to deal with his yells of excitement.

Enjoy the pictures.

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

She is so cute. What a little dolly. Sounds like she is going to be a little mover and shaker soon!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Heidi Totten said...

I agree, Clara. Your daddy sure is weird. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home