Earplugs, Anyone? Please?
Clara has been expressing herself vocally for quite awhile now with some very distinct sounds (ie, screaming) guaranteed to get our attention. Today she decided to take it to the next level and began babbling in earnest. For those not in the know, a baby begins babbling when she starts to string together a consonant-vowel sound and repeat it over and over. Like ma-ma-ma, da-da-da, ga-ga-ga. Clara's favorites so far are ya-ya-ya and la-la-la. Oh, and it must be spoken at full volume. Seriously, full volume. All day. Hence the request for earplugs.
Here's a little video I managed to get. Take this and multiply by ten and you'll get an idea of what I've heard all day long. It's actually very cute, especially when she does it with a mouthful of cereal.

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
That's such a cute video! Baby babblers are the best! (Try saying that 10 times fast...okay, it's not that hard...) Clara's so adorable :)
Thank you so much, Kristin, for going to such wonderful great lengths to make this terrific video. I love the camera angle. Could not help but smile back at her and then felt sad when I realized that, Oh, that is right, she cannot see me. Now, for you two to figure out what she is saying. Such a cutie! Thanks. Sally
Post a Comment
<< Home