Monday, June 18, 2007

Wii Love to Play (Updated)

At one point during our trip to Philly I turned to Kristin and said, "I really like playing the Wii." She confessed that she had contemplated buying me one months ago. However, they are a little difficult to get hold of so she decided against it. "I think we should get one as a Happy-First-Mother's-and-Father's-Day present." I'm forever looking for ways to justify such purchases.

This morning when I got into work I did a quick search on craigslist and sent Kristin links to a few used Wii systems for sale. When she called a couple of hours later I figured she had checked them out and wanted to discuss. I was wrong. "Okay, I'm at Costco and there is one Wii with a sign 'Last One'. Should I get it?" You can see why she is the love of my life.

When Kristin picked me up from the bus stop I called David, told him about the purchase and asked when they would be stopping by. I then called Bruce and said, "Wii would like to play." Assuming I said 'we', not 'Wii', he told me to consult with She Who Must Be Obeyed. I told her that we got a Wii, but that I wanted to surprise Bruce. She laughed and said they'd be by at eight.

At eight on the nose the doorbell rings. Burce, Julie, Colter, and Kirsten are at the door with a bag of oatmeal raisin cookies. I pull a Wii controller out of my pocket, bow forward a la the commercial, and say, "Wii would like to play.". Instantaneously Bruce gets it, grabs the controller out of my hand, and races upstairs, where David & Bonnie were already playing.

We had a great time playing bowling, a ton of the cow racing game, some of the shooting game, and tanks. As they left, Julie asked if we were going to have a sleepover Friday night. Let the all-night gaming begin.

UPDATED: I got great reactions when I told people about the Wii tonight (Tuesday night) at Scouts:
  • Zachariah: I thought you weren't a console system guy. (I'm not.) Those are tough to get hold of. (Bless Kristin.) You bought the best one. (An expert opinion confirming the purchase. I love being justified.)
  • The Little Mormon Boy Scouts: No way, my friend has a Wii. What games did you get? Can we play at our party Saturday night? The new Zelda game is so cool. Did you know you can ...
Needless to say all have been quite enthused. I'll post some pics of our Wii in action later.

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:54 AM, Blogger foculbrown said...

Colter did very well when he played Bowling for me. He got a strike, where as I really sucked. It was also fun to do boxing with him (against David). Colter did one hand, and I did the other. David had a hard time defending against two people.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger bajork12 said...

We totally do the "justify purchases" thing. The latest is we found a ping pong table on Craig's list, but we are really out of holiday and birthday range so it might have to be an early 4th of July present???

Clara is a cutie! Steve and I would love to come to DC sometime and meet her in person. We're aiming for a trip East in 2008.

Adrienne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home