Good-bye to the Car Seat
Clara has outgrown her car seat. You would think that the thing would last longer than six months. Heck, we have friends who are still using them with their thirteen-month-olds. Sadly, our freakishly huge daughter won't stop growing, so we had to put it away until the next child ... if there ever is another child. But that's a different post.Before
we put the car seat away, I took a few pictures so I could tell a quick story about the car seat. Clara has three little people who hang on the handle of her car seat. One is blue, one is green, and one is yellow. She loves to talk to them, bat at them, and pull on the rings that are attached. I think she's partial to Blue Man, which is hopefully a sign of future good taste.As we sat in Sacrament Meeting a few Sundays ago, Bruce leaned forward and asked us to carefully study the back of Green Man. I've looked at Green Man countless times, so I assumed that something had happened and we would have to throw Green Man away. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the brand name on the back of Green Man was missing something.
That's right, we're missing an 's'. Yellow Man says Sassy. Blue Man says Sassy. Green Man doesn't.All attempts at focusing on the speaker were out the window as we leaned forward to tell David & Bonnie about our special Green Man. They have the same toys for Michael's car seat, yet they have a full complement of S's. We all had a good chuckle, then tried to listen to the speaker. I don't think we were too successful as Green Man was front and center in our minds.
Because she has outgrown the car seat carrier, we had to buy a new car seat and a new stroller. (Our old stroller was a Snap N Go.) A quick trip to Babies R Us and countless test runs with different models - COULD SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A STROLLER WITH AN ADJUSTABLE-HEIGHT HANDLE BAR THAT WORKS FOR PEOPLE OVER 5'2" SO I DON'T KICK THE WHEELS AS I WALK BEHIND THE STROLLER? - we settled on a nine pound stroller with a fair amount of rear clearance and a nice basket for holding baby stuff.
Afterwards, I went on a walk with David and Michael while Kristin and Bonnie went to a chocolate party. Clara sat very contently in her new stroller as David and I walked to the grocery store to look for cream of coconut, then around the neighborhood next to ours. I'm very pleased with our purchase. Clara didn't even miss Blue Man, Yellow Man, and Green Man. Which is probably for the best.

5 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Our boys grew out of their infant carriers at record speeds too -- I think around sixish months as well! You will be glad you aren't toting around the heavy car seats anymore. We got the Evenflo Triumph carseat and really love it, although it is pretty big. Clara is such a sweet pea.
Remember...I'm the worst speller of all of us, and I'm the one that found the typo. The placement is just right, too.
I would recommend the Phil and Ted's Sport Stroller. You can buy a doubles attachment when the second comes along but in the meantime it has an adjustable handlebar for tall peeps (one of the things we had to have) and is just about the most awesome stroller in the world. You'll never have to buy another one. :)
I am still laughing about the Green Man. :)
Now everytime I go to the store I look at them to see if there are any other like it. I think you may have found the golden ticket one.
Post a Comment
<< Home