Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blair & Julie's Visit: Day 2

Clara decided to wake up early, so we brought her into bed with us so Blair and Julie could sleep in. I'd forgotten how much you can sleep in when you don't have children. As they have one due in December, we didn't want to rob them of these last few fleeting opportunities.

Once they were up we went to Waffle King's Virginia Kitchen for a good old southern breakfast. Kristin had a chicken skillet, I had country fried steak, Blair had the Johnny Reb (biscuits and gravy), and Julie had an omlette. I am proud to say that we introduced them (both mid-westerners) to home fries and I think they were rather well received.

The rest of the day featured a trip to Carters (huge sale, $3.19 for a outfit, how can you not), some quality time playing the Wii (don't get Blair started on bowling as he tends to exhibit more than the requisite amount of flair), and took a trip to Wegmans, where we had subs for dinner. Julie was appropriately impressed with Wegmans. At one point she mentioned that she really like Northern Virginia. Her tone changed slightly after we discussed housing prices (they just bought a single family home, and I can only dream).

We went to bed tired, but glad we had the chance to get quality time with Blair and Julie. They're rather cool stock.

Labels: