Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hoa R U 2 D

Last night we went to dinner at The Tortilla Factory. Now, before I have to hear endless sighs and comments about that one Mexican restaurant, try the machaca. Then we'll talk. As we sat there eating our food, someone stood up and called out to me, "Oliver?" It was Hao and his wife Chelsea.

I first met Hao thirteen years ago. We were hometeaching companions and both attended GMU. When he married, Kristin and I attended the wedding reception, where his wife asked Kristin if she has a younger sister named Melissa. Turns out Chelsea and Kristin grew up in the same town and went to the same high school. Chelsea was on the dance team and in honors classes with Melissa. I told Chelsea that I have changed Melissa name to Smelly Melly. Chelsea chuckled.

Chelsea is seven months pregnant, so we invited them to sit down and talk. They had just come from a hospital tour and we quickly started catching up about people we know in common, life with children, pregnancy, eduction, jobs, blogs, the works. We convinced them to bring their drinks over to our table and join us for the meal. We had a delightful time and plan on doing dinner again before their little one comes.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Sally said...

What a fun "run in." Please give Hau and Chelsea our best when you next see them. We used to randomly run into and have dinner with Sithkon and Charya. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home