Friday, October 26, 2007

Lip Smacking Good

Sometimes I feel a bit like Dave Letterman, when he does his Stupid Pet or Stupid Human Tricks, when I write one of these posts. Then I remember that Clara is the only reason most people read the blog, so here is my New Clara Trick of the day.

Clara has started smacking her lips. A cross between a smacking sound and a kissing sound, she will most often make the noise when she hears someone else making the sound. For example, on Wednesday afternoon Kristin and Clara picked me up from the bus stop. I gave Kristin three loud kisses on the cheek when I got in the car. (I know, TMI. But it is germane to the story.) Clara, in her rear facing car seat and unable to see us, hears the noise and makes three smacking sounds in response. Kristin and I started laughing. I grabbed Kristin's arm and planted three ones noisily: three quick smacks came in reply.

It is incredibly cute when she is crawling around and making the noise. We finally caught it on video. Enjoy!

Labels:

5 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Oh, how very, very cute. Loved the closing vlose-up. Thanks. Mom

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger fiona said...

Cute video, love the new sound, Clara! Also, I love the hair, looks like part of it has a mind of its own, like Nuala's.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger zachariah said...

She's so cute, it's hard to imagine that a year ago we were all without kids still. I can't really remember what that was like.... full nights of sleep...

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger LauraJ said...

So cute! Loved it

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Amadeus said...

Hey my kids never did that. This is too cute. You also got it on video-you should send it into AFV. Yes, can you believe that show is still on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home