Grandma's here? That's not Grandma!
Debbie is here! Most men don't cheer when there mother-in-law comes to town, then again, most men don't have Debbie as their mother-in-law. I always look forward to her visits as she is a huge help around the house, lots of fun to talk to, and always willing to watch my crazy TV shows (Ace of Cakes) and play strange board games (Settlers of Catan). She planned her trip months ago and providence lined it up so she would be here for Kristin's gallbladder removal.
Cute story from Debbie's first day here. Debbie's flight got in at 6am. We chatted on the way home from the airport, then she crashed in the guest room to recover from the red-eye. A little while later, Kristin, Clara, and I were playing downstairs when we heard Debbie stirring. "Guess who is upstairs? It's Grandma," Kristin and I said to Clara. Clara ran to the stairs, looking up in eager anticipation. Clara looked past Debbie, dragging me upstairs once Debbie came down. She went to the guest room, looking around for something. It then dawned on me: Clara was looking for her other Grandma who had been her last weekend, Sabrina!
I chuckled as I realized how confused Clara must be. Too many Grandmas!
Labels: family

0 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Post a Comment
<< Home