Sunday, April 13, 2008

Problem Solver



One of Clara's aptitudes that exhibited itself quite early is the engineer in her. I still recall watching her sit in front of the baby gate, pulling on the bottom of the gate, knowing that it had to come out of the socket to open. We purchased a table and four stools from Ikea that have proved ample tools for wrecking havoc around the house. My favorite is when she tries to use the stools to climb over the back of the couch.

This morning as we lounged around the house before church, Clara took one of her blue stools over to the door we have in our second-floor living room to solve the current great mystery: how do I get the door open so I can look outside. Needless to say, Mother was quite concerned and reprimanded her, not before taking a few pictures for posterity.

Thankfully she was unable to unlock the door. The handles in our house she mastered months ago. Her inability to open the locks is our last hope!

Labels: