Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Anticipation

A few days ago Clara and I were looking at some old pictures of her and Michael when I mentioned that Michael would be coming to visit us in two weeks. She started jumping up and down, very excited, and said, "Bubba (which she insists on calling him even though she can say Michael perfectly well)? Two week?"

She then looked at me quizzically and asked, "Bonnie?"

"Yes, Bonnie is going to come and play, too."

"David?"

"No, David has to stay home and work."

"Oh. Bubba two week. Bonnie play. David work."

A very succinct summary, no? One which was repeated many times all day.

The next morning when I went to get her from her crib, she looked at me and the first thing she said was, "Bubba week. Bonnie play. David work." So far this has happened three mornings in a row.

So, Bonnie, needless to say Clara is really excited to see you guys soon (as are Oliver and I).

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Cute Clara! Poor David, having to stay home and work. Daddies have a tough life.

We are so, so excited!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love what an awesome friendship you guys have with "Bubba," Bonnie, and David! Everybody needs good friends like y'all are to each other. Good luck with having the baby, Kristin. I bet you're so nervous and excited at the same time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home