Sunday, May 03, 2009

Blessing Anna

Today was Anna's blessing. A number of family and friends join us at our Ward at 9am, braving slight rain and multiple chapels in the area to confuse the situation. We had Bryce & Lisa, Heidi & Dave, Josh & Lindsay, Sara, my mom, Brig-ham, and Melissa. We filled three pews on the side.

Anna is such a different little girl than her big sister. Where Clara is all will and passion, Anna is none the less willing to make her will known, but in a less dramatic way. She was quiet through the entire blessing. I attribute this to my no-bounce rule. Why men insist on bouncing babies as they bless them is beyond me. I've seen bodies bounced higher than heads, babies freaking out at the movement, and out of control bouncing. I always pause, give everyone a stern look and say, "No bouncing." And because Anna likes to feel secured, I asked Dave to hold her hands down so she wouldn't flail. It kept her calm.

After we headed back to our house for brunch. It was so fun to visit with everyone, many for the last time before we head out to Seattle for the summer. We did snap some pictures, unfortunately we didn't get any of Anna all gussied up. We've contemplated dressing her up again for the photo op.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Labels:

3 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:07 AM, Blogger bbond said...

Melissa was there as well!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Oliver said...

Corrected. Thanks!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger fiona said...

Clara's little arms around your necks is just so endearing. Hard to believe she was Anna's age not all that long ago! I can totally hear/see the deliverance of the "no bouncing" edict, by the way! Very Oliver :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home