Friday, October 27, 2006

Is this the home stretch yet?

So, 31 weeks today, and at my appointment this past week my doctor mentioned getting us scheduled for an induction on December 21 or 22 (one week before my due date). Thanks to the gestational diabetes my doctors don't want me to go the full forty weeks. More than likely this means we'll all be home together by Christmas...or sooner if she decides she just isn't going to wait around and let some doctor tell her what to do. If she's like me, that may very possibly be the case.

Eight weeks. EIGHT.

So we're taking suggestions on what might be an appropriate "last hurrah" before she arrives. Blowing the diet for a night and eating at The Melting Pot is under consideration. Any ideas?

Labels:

5 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second! You can't just go and eat a big meal before the child comes. You can eat a big meal after a child is born. But you cannot sleep in until 11:00 am. You might not be able to sleep through the night for 6 months. You won't be able to leave the house without arms full of paraphenalia.

An appropriate suggestion might be to spontaneously decide to go to a movie, show, or musuem (won't be doing tons of that soon). Get up and leave right then (won't be doing that for the next couple of years). Grab food after the show (we can still let you blow your diet and eat at the Melting Pot). Stay up late that night. Try to sleep all night (though it may be too uncomfortable for you to do that now). Wake up at 11:00 am.

That might be a fitting last hurrah.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with "mary and jared"...staying up late and sleeping in late must be involved in any "last harrah". I would suggest that you make sure you see Eragon as soon as possible.

I'm just glad that Clara will be with us for Christmas.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

It might be a little late now, but Jen amd I went to West Edmonton Mall, blew some money on ourselves and enjoyed 8" of fresh snow in May, got to love canada. If you can still travel go to NYC, stay up late/sleep in, and eat great food, while doing it all spontaneously.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Utah King Family said...

Great timing -- You get a guaranteed tax deduction. I say you should go to Five Guys and indulge in the biggest bacon cheeseburger they make. Follow that by your very own pint of Ben & Jerry’s while watching your favorite movie on the couch.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I echo everyone elses comments. SLEEP LATE (this is key -- it won't happen again for many, many, many YEARS. I don't think I quite grasped the need for sleep prior to the birth of the boys.)

I would reccommend going out, if you are feeling up to it. I can never go anywhere for longer than a couple hours before one of the boys has a meltdown. I totally miss the days when Andy and I could just go out and do a bunch of stuff without a care in the world. Do something totally spontaneous. If you can, go somewhere like a bed and breakfast and enjoy the quiet and "carefreeness".

Okay, all these comments make it sound like having Clara will really weigh you down, which it won't! It will be wonderful, and naturally, things will change. But you won't ever want to go back. We all just want to make sure you enjoy these last few days of being just "Oliver and Kristen!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home