Thanksgiving Dinner
The Thanksgiving blog post shall take the format of "Things For Which I am Thankful."
- Alton Brown's recipe for brining turkey, expertly executed by Bruce & Julie. The meat was very moist and had a nice flavor. 5 stars.

- Friends who like to cook as much as we do.

- Weight Watchers (and the fact that I decided to eat whatever I wanted to this Thanksgiving.) I weighed myself before and after dinner. Starting weight: 249.4. Ending weight: 256.6. 7.2 pounds of food/liquid. I rock.

- Cool toys, such as Julie's camera that she set to take a picture every 30 seconds after dinner. Check out the video here.
- A cute wife.

- David & Bonnie's homemade rolls.
- Three types of Jell-O salad that went together perfectly.
- Pie. And more pie.
- Soon-to-be-born babies.

- SoniCare toothbrushes. (You had to be there.)
- Technology that (1) lets me share this with you and (2) makes it so I don't have to wash all the dishes.

- Pain because it reminds you when you've eaten too much.

- Pillows - because when your stomach is that full you just need to lay down.


3 Comments: (Post a Comment)
That was fast. It was pretty cool to see the afternoon past so quickly. I like the intro, closing credits and the sound track...:D
If anyone wants to know, we basically followed Alton Brown's turkey recipe. You can find it here.
We second it all...well said! That was a lot of fun, I was finally able to really eat again about 6pm today. Worth it, though ;) Great pain pics, by the way! Nothing like a little discomfort to remind us of all we have to be thankful for!
We have one Bonnie roll left...I keep almost eating it, then leaving it so I can enjoy the anticipation a little longer. A bit pathetic, I know. Z has been warned not to eat it.
Are you serious about 7.2 lbs? That is mighty impressive.
Let's all raise a glass to gluttony.
Post a Comment
<< Home