Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Twice the fun

Mika, Lauren, and McKenzie dropped in for a visit a few weeks ago. They had fun playing with some of Clara's toys, the soon-to-be Dad, and the camera cord. Everything ended up in their mouths. Lauren (below right) demonstrated the proper way to fit your entire fist in your mouth. McKenzie (below left) wasn't sure what to make of being held up in the air.
We've known Lauren and McKenzie since a few days after they were born. I had the chance to feed McKenzie a bottle when she was in the NICU. Holding her not-yet-4-pound body I worried that I would cause serious damage. Pete showed me that you have to pat with some force when burping a newborn, even a preemie. Those girls were and are strong. Now as they are learning to shove cheerios in their mouths, sit up on their own, and crawl I long for the day when we'll have the chance to watch Clara do the same.

Labels:

2 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin would literally put her foot in her mouth. It didn't matter if she had socks or shoes on. Draw your own conclusions.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Oliver said...

I STILL can put my foot in my mouth...both literally and figuratively. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home