Sunday, November 05, 2006

You've got voicemail ... from John McCain.

We've received voicemail from some pretty impressive people in the past two days: Senator John McCain, Govenor Tim Kaine, and First Lady Laura Bush. You didn't know I was on a first name basis with these people? Well, I'm not. And I hope that I never will be.

Six voice messages in the past two days and four of them were political. People leave me alone! I've grown to hate politics. I hate the fact that Democrats and Republicans agree on 99.99% of the issues yet live to blow the .01% out of proportion. Watching Survivor Thursday night every commercial break included an attack ad slamming George Allen and another attack ad slamming Jim Webb. What do these men stand for? I have no idea. What do they hate about the other candidate? I would know if I listened to the commercials, but I am so sick of them that I changed the channel each time one come on.

Congratulations Messers Allen and Webb. You've turned me off to politics. I really don't care what you have to say. I don't really care what you want to do. I've decided to vote the party line on Tuesday. Will I be voting for one of you? Nope. Will I be voting because I think you can make a difference? Nope. Is there hope that politics in this country will every move away from the realm of personal attacks and actually try to make change? Sadly, these men are proving the answer to be the same: nope.

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy on the optimism there. We might think that you are a little too hopeful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home