Tell me: Doesn't something need to change?
Each day I ride the Fairfax Connector from the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride to the West Falls Church metro station. I really enjoy the ride as the buses travel down the center, restricted lanes on the toll road avoiding most traffic. It's nice to have a viable public transportation option for my commute.
My only complaint is this: get SmarTrip hooked into your fareboxes. Each day I have to scrounge for change to pay the $1 on the way in and 35 cents on the way out. It is a pain. MetroBus has had SmarTrip enabled fareboxes for years. Why is it taking so long? Promises are regularly made on the Fairfax Connector website yet never made good on. Every update says, "Next spring/summer/fall/winter they will be here!" And every season comes and goes without smarter fareboxes.
What can I do about it? Nothing. Except vow to use as many pennies as possible when paying for my fare, in the hopes that Fairfax Connector will get sick of dealing with all the change and get a move on. This morning I paid my $1 fare with:

Update: On the way home I paid my 35 cent fare with the following:

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
to funny oliver, rock on with your bad self. eric
Oh, I totally agree with you! I am glad you are making things difficult for them because they DO need to change. I hated having to find a dollar each day when I rode it to work. What are they waiting for?
Post a Comment
<< Home