Thursday, December 28, 2006

Soup's On & On & On & On & On & On

Well, we've made it through week one. It's been emotional, funny, tiring, and above all a delight. Clara is a cutie and is more and more alert each day. Today at one point she kept looking at me and smiling. She's a total doll.

One of the great things that our friends from Church have done for us is bringing in food for the first few days we had Clara home. Last Friday night Kathy brought us a wonderful meal. My favorite part was the salad, as I hadn't had a vegetable in about three days (hospital and fast food). I know this sounds totally weird, but the lettuce tasted soooooo good. I downed the majority of the salad.

On Saturday, Kristin's friend Cindy brought dinner over. Italian was the theme. Of particular note were the homemade rolls, for which I am a complete sucker, and the chocolate creme puffs for dessert. Could there have been any more perfect dessert!?!

On Sunday, Erika brought over her traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Erika is Austrian and her Christmas Eve tradition is homemade wiener schnitzel. It was so touching that she would share her traditions with us!

On Monday, Christmas Day, Bruce & Julie invited us over to their home to share in their Christmas dinner. Once again, there were homemade rolls. Sigh. I love me some homemade rolls. Those and chocolate chip cookies. But more on that later.

The generosity of our friends didn't stop there! On Tuesday, some dear friends (and I say dear because of what they brought) brought us Chipotle. Oh, sweet ambrosia! Thou perfect food! It was made even more perfect because a week ago to the day I brought Kristin Chipotle as her congrats on the end of your gestational diabetes present. Then, unexpectedly, Wednesday another friend brought over some tasty chicken tortilla soup.

The outpouring of love, support, and food has been amazing. We're grateful to have such wonderful friends.

Labels: , ,