Mom's Update
The little Boo is sleeping right now, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to send out an update of my own.
Clara will be a month old tomorrow, and I feel like we're starting to get the hang of this. She's still not going for more than about three hours between feedings - the people who say one-month-old formula-fed babies usually go four hours between feedings are liars - but I'm adjusting to waking up two or three times each night. Most nights she just wakes, eats, and falls right back asleep anyway, so that's not too bad.
She's starting to give us real smiles, which are completely adorable. We'll have to try and get some pics and post them soon. She usually pops them out just after a good nap when I'm changing her diaper. And she's getting much better at holding her head up and just surveying the landscape. She loves the mobile in her crib...come to think of it, the mobile sometimes gets more smiles than Mom and Dad do.
We think the colitis is starting to heal up, although she still seems to be having some pain at times because of it. I love my daughter with all my heart, but anyone who has witnessed her latest trick of intermittent screaming for a couple of hours each evening would agree that she has the ability to turn into a full-on bad-tempered shrew. I'm hoping that this is because her belly is still healing and will die down soon. Please, please, no one say the word "colic."
We've been price-shopping to find out who has the best price on this liquid gold (otherwise known as hypoallergenic formula) we're now feeding her, and guess who comes through for us again? Wegmans. I have great love for Wegmans and will be devastated the day we move away from this land privileged enough to have one. For those not in the know, Wegmans is quite possibly the greatest grocery store ever built. Ever.
So that's life in a nutshell. It's a lot of fun to see her growing and changing every day and to know how much we have to look forward to. But at the same time I can't help but feel sad that my little baby isn't quite so little anymore...definitely not the same tiny newborn we brought home a month ago. I've already had to pack away some clothes she has grown out of. I'm guessing one day I'll just blink and she'll be five and off to school, then another blink and she'll be graduating from high school. But I won't think about that now...I'll just go and snuggle with my baby girl.
Labels: Clara

4 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Yes, you must enjoy every moment you spend at the most wonderful place on earth, Wegmans. I think about it each time I go to another grocery store -- nothing compares!
I love that you call Clara little Boo. That is adorable. She is adorable! Enjoy your little love bundle.
Oh how I love Wegmans. We ate dinner there tonight. Mmmm, Wegmans.
Kristin, she will certainly grow up too fast. But there is still time, so do enjoy her. And you can still do that in 5, 10, 15 years. (The way that happens will be different by then, but that is life.)
If Clara is "Boo", is Oliver "Sully"?
We love the fact that you call her "Boo".
Post a Comment
<< Home