Saturday, January 13, 2007

A lot

A friend called this morning asking if everything was okay. I assured him that we're doing well, just a little tired. I asked him what caused him to wonder. "You hadn't updated your blog," came the reply.

Touché.

Hello blogosphere. I'm back. And here is a drive-by update:
  • Tuesday night I picked up Debbie Lou from the airport. Debbie Lou is Kristin's mother. Debbie Lou is my mother-in-law. Debbie Lou is Clara's grandmother. Debbie Lou isn't her real name; I just call her that. She flew from Portland, OR, via Dallas-Fortworth and was pretty wiped out from the day of travel. A good excuse to pick up Chipotle, eh?
  • Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I worked. Work is work. Next Monday is a holiday. Rock on.
  • On Monday, Kristin made her first solo trip out with Clara. She said everything went swimmingly well. Guess where they went ... wait for it ... wait for it ... Target.
    Shocking.
  • Overheard while eating breakfast this morning: "Is it pathetic that one of our goals for today is to watch a movie?"
  • On Wednesday and Thursday we took Debbie to Costco. To quote Debbie, "I went to Costco two days in a row." I think we're channeling my father a bit too much.
  • We've eaten out two nights this week. Has been great to get the ladies out of the house a bit. Clara cooperated at both meals. The second meal was Indian food last night with David, Bonnie, and Michael. Kristin couldn't do Indian during the pregnancy, David and I were both jonesing for Indian, and Bonnie and Kristin were kind enough to acquiesce. Yeah for Palak Gosh.
  • "Oh, boo. Can you stay little, but sleep through the night instead?"
    -Kristin to Clara on seeing Colter act like a normal boy.
  • Thursday morning Debbie and I rearranged the nursery so the chair wasn't taking up the entirety of the middle of the room. Our handwork:
  • Also overheard this morning:
    He said: "Poor thing has the worst parents on the planet."
    Clara smiles in her sleep.
    She said: "I think she understands more than we give her credit for."
    Clara smiles again.
  • Sunday night we scrounged around to find enough for dinner. What resulted was what we like to call a themed meal. Behold the orange dinner!
  • Yesterday Debbie cleaned two of the bathrooms that rarely get deep cleanings. Now I understand from whence cometh Kristin's cleaning gene. You know it's a good cleaning job when you can still smell the chemicals twenty-four hours later.
  • CLARA UPDATE: She enjoys eating every hour, much to the dismay of her mother at 2am, is getting adorably chubby, and is growing out of some of her clothes. She is more alert, when you hold her upright on your shoulder she tries to hold up her head, and won't sleep in her crib except at night. She has a good temperament, only crying when she is hungry, and has started to develop a bit of gas at night that Mylicon drops seem to take care of. All in all she's pretty amazing.
Just because you can never have too many pictures of a beautiful woman. Oliver's Saturday morning hair continues to defy the laws of physics. Or maybe I'm just celebrating.

Oliver OUT.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:41 AM, Blogger OnCallMom said...

Admittedly, I was wondering where you had gone as well!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Jared said...

So should it be a drive-thru or drive-by. When you do a drive-by it is a one way street. When you have a drive-thru, there is usually some kind of exchange. So the question is, which is this?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Oliver said...

I guess it depends on who is in the driver's seat. If the reader is, then it is drive-thru and you are the person in the window.

If it is the blogger, then it is drive-by as the blogger is quickly passing by, dropping a few bullets, and peeling out of town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home