Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Great Christmas Gift

For Christmas this year some friends gave us rolls. I can hear you out there: "Um, rolls? Lame." But before you start, let me esplain. (And, no, I didn't misspell that.)

These are Bonnie's freezer rolls. Every time a group of us has a potluck Bonnie is assigned to bring these rolls. They are always a hit. Here's how they work. After the dough is made and the rolls formed, you freeze them. On that day you just know you have to have hot rolls with dinner, you pull them out, place them on a cookie sheet, and let them rise for a few hours. Once they are risen/thawed, you cook them and you've got fresh, hot rolls.

Being a house that never makes rolls, this was the perfect gift. Our polenta with marinara meat sauce never tasted so good. I hope we get rolls for Christmas next year.

Labels: ,